Wednesday, May 30, 2007

progress with sleep

Kade has been such a fussy baby. We started on Zantac a week and a half ago. He improved slightly, but not much. He was still fighting the bottle. I breast feed one feed and bottle the next, so each gets breast milk. (I just didn't have enough milk for 2). He might take 1-2 ounces with a bottle, while Elizabeth takes 3-4. He was either eating, sleeping, or crying. Rarely awake and content. We were using Emfamil gentlease for fussiness and gas. Yesterday evening we switched to Lactofree. He took the more than usual and faster (20 minutes instead of 40 and no fighting and crying). He even woke up enough at 10pm to take 1.5 ounces and then breastfeed for 10 minutes. Then ... he slept until 5am!!! and Elizabeth slept until 5:30am. I hope this will be the new pattern, but it's too early to tell. I feel so much better with 5 1/2 hours of straight sleep. (it should have been 6, but I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't believe both were still asleep, my breasts were too full, and I worried they weren't breathing, knowing they were fine, but still wondering, and talking myself out of going to check...I was relieved when Kade woke up... I know I'm crazy, but I have to adjust to them sleeping more too).

No comments: